Sunday 23 March 2008

Do I like sorrow?



As I awake wrapped in this blue

melancholy –

swaddled, serried, warm -

do I actually enjoy it?

Aren’t I safe here semi-

conscious like an hibernating

tortoise within my

shell?



Is this not some

shield to prevent me

running into life

like some mad

March hare with

utter abandonment -

recklessness -

hysterical at just

the thought of

love.



My very own

Adagio playing

it’s forlorn tune

as I funeral march

into another day.

The rain taps out my sad -

beat -

against some misty

window pane.

Do I just like

sorrow?



Do I love it?

1 comment:

ash said...

Roger - this reminded me of an old one of mine...I understand this one completely - and as always, quality work from you.

White Noise

Sometimes my mind gets so cold
I have to wrap melancholy around me
Like a blanket of white noise
Promising nothing but static
Shutting out the new, giving me the constant
slow warmth of not knowing.