Thursday 27 March 2008

Silence



I always loved the silence,

That emptiness - a calm

Moment lost down some lonely

Summer’s winding path.


Where the sky quietly slips

Over the slow pointless

Revolving earth - gently

Embracing land and sea.


I always enjoyed the silence

The pause where the Rabbit’s

Ears come up his - eyes

Alert ready for flight

I always marvelled at

The silent Swifts

Hurtling through those

Skies

Dancing together all

Summer long.


I always love the silence of your face

When that look say’s

Everything and nothing

When I can see the rhythm

Of your heartbeat gently

Pulsing in your neck

I love the silence

Of us together

Lying alone in crisp

Cotton sheets

Soft skin just touching

Time standing so still

The silence of life’s

Afternoon.

1 comment:

marci said...

This is another wonder from you. Nice site Roger.
marci♥♥♥