Sunday 23 March 2008

Remember the rain.



Everyone started to run out of the Rain

Except me.

I slowly walked to the bench in the park

And removed my jacket.

(I had a blue cotton shirt on.)

I folded my jacket over the back of the bench

And sat down.


People walking dogs looked oddly

At me – dogs looked oddly

At me.

My shirt went a darker colour, not

Just under the armpits.


It wasn’t particularly windy yet the

Diagonal rain kinda lashed into

Me, water droplets dripped

Indifferently off my nose I

Noted.


I removed my tie, for some reason

And placed it into my

Jacket pocket, standing up to go

Around to where the

Pocket was – rain making me

Blink.


An old lady without a face

Came and sat down beside me.

Smiling. She said....

“Remember Roger when you and

Lesley used to play count the

Raindrop going down that

Lonely window pain?”


Remember the Rain?




No comments: