Saturday 29 March 2008

My River

She’s calm this night

My River.

The Moon’s nestled

Quietly between the rocks

Settled

In these calm waters,

That slip quietly to my runnels

Or Ruin?


Silver Waters

Shimmering, softly, serenely.


Calm now, yet

A Torrent not far

Away

That tumult

Digging at My Footings

Bedrock

To slurry

My foundation to

Marl.


Other times

Accepting this

Onslaught

Facing into the

Torment

Hysterical at this obscene suffering

Enjoying

Flourishing

Smashing my face against Rocks

Ripping one’s skin to

Ribbons

Life’s lacerations

Life’s acceleration

Out of control

Did I conspire with

Fate

Goad on this

Loathing

Or is this foaming

River

My

Affliction

Sins of

Fathers

Laid upon

Their

Son’s

Is that my

Curse?

Oh how you could have saved

Me

And Tomorrow’s

River

Tomorrow?

No comments: