Sunday 23 March 2008

For you...



Home again....

The warm shadows

Soften your nakedness,

Undulating curves of sensuality,

Sculptured - a Rodin - for me.

I try and keep my breathing quiet

As I sit on the very edge of our bed,

Marvelling in your beauty - drinking

You in - I kiss the back of your calves;

“I love you”


I kiss you softly behind the knee;

“Oh I love you”

I softly glide my hand across the

Whiteness of your thigh

Across your sweet bottom.


You roll over – smiling

- Eyes still closed –

Your hair - all over.

I kiss your sex and you open up

Like poetry.


I mentally grin as I think of

‘Cummings’

“....Your eyes have their silence: in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me...”

As I devour you...

“...or if you wish to close me, I and my life will shut.... ”

You hold my head like a baby

Caressing and guiding me...

“I do not know what it is about you that closes and opens;

Only something in me understands the voice of your eyes

Is deeper then all roses...”

And I love the taste of you -

Autumn leafs...

“....Nobody, not even the rain, has such

small hands....”

It’s for you.

.X.

1 comment:

marci said...

With each read this poem becomes more endearing, more touching. Your art choices are perfect and you've found somehow, somewhere, a picture of a 'perfect red rose.' I think of all your poems this will remain my favorite . Perhaps because of how you wove ee.cummings in there ever so perfectly. marci♥♥♥